Friday, November 26, 2010

Thankfully Reading Weekend-1st Mini Challenge




1st Mini-Challenge: Hosted By Jenn's Bookshelves

So, for the first Thankfully Reading Weekend, write a post about the book you are most thankful for. This could be a book released this year or twenty years ago. Your post should include why you are thankful for that book.

The book that I'm the most thankful for is Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. My mother gave me her copy and I devoured it. That one book was the start of my love affair with the written word! I could not put it down! Those girls and that family were just so riveting to my 10 year old self. I had been a reader before and loved books but THIS book made me a bookaholic. The copy that I was given has since fallen apart, but I still own a copy.

15 comments:

  1. What a great gift your mother gave you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked the same book for my post! Isn't it the best? I remember having a HUGE crush on Laurie when I read it the first time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes. I loved Little Women. I still do. I have visited Concord and toured her house. Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Little Women might be my choice as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was one of my favorites as well. I have 3 copies of it. Excellent choice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great choice and one of the most favorite books on my list as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect answer!

    Jennifer @ The Literate Housewife Review

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lot of people are choosing this one! You should check out March by Geraldine Brooks, which is based on the original.

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of my very favorite books of all time. I grew up close to Transcendental land and I just can't help falling in love over ad over again with my lovely New England writers. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jo is a wonderful literary heroine. On of my all-time favorite books

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a little freaked out right now. Not only did I also choose Little Women, but in my post I wrote simply that this was the book "that made me fall in love with the written word." Great minds think (and read) alike!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also enjoyed Little Women.. totally loved Jo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Louisa May Alcott seems to be a popular choice for this mini-challenge. I've never read any of her books...just weren't my cup of tea as a kid. Maybe I should give one a try now though!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love to tour the house some day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!