Thursday, January 26, 2012

Double Post: Affairs of Steak and All I Want Is You

Blurb:
SHE'S STEALING HIS HEART . . .

Vintage boutique owner Venus Smith is stunned to realize her newest acquisition comes with a larcenous legend. Stolen years ago, the antique mermaid brooch belongs to the Clayworth family. The right thing to do would be to return it, but that means facing Connor Clayworth O'Flynn, the sexy department store heir Venus has had an unrequited crush on since childhood-and the man who helped ruin her father.

ONE KISS AT A TIME

Connor knows that Venus has never forgiven him for what happened between their families. But business isn't personal, even though Venus's father's betrayal still cuts him like a knife. So when Venus proposes a deal-she'll return his family's brooch if he helps clear her father's name-he reluctantly agrees. As action-packed days turn into flirtatious fall nights, it isn't long before old memories resurface . . . and new desires ignite. Can two young lovers leave the past behind? Or must they first admit that all they've ever really wanted . . . is each other?

Book Details:
  • Mass Market Paperback: 352 pages
  • Publisher: Forever; Original edition (January 1, 2012)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0446584355
My (QUICK) Review: 
This was a cute story. I cannot say that it wasn't predictable, but it was light and a bit fluffy. JUST what I needed! The main character Venus is really fun.  Sherrill Bodine, didn't fall into the trap of making the romantic female lead a wuss. Yay! I do have to admit that I did a SMALLISH eye roll at the choices of names for all the sisters, but it was smallish. *Probably me just being a little pickey..it didn't have a thing to do with the plot* The romance is sweet and hot all in one. The love scenes *wink wink, nudge nudge* were just sexy enough but not raunchy. There is definitely a bit of heat, but your pot's not going to over boil. (Okay, I'll stop it now!)
So my rating for All I Want is You by Sherrill Bodine is a 3.5 out of 5.

Blurb: White House chef Olivia Paras and her arch nemesis, White House Sensitivity Director Peter Everett Sargeant, must work together to solve the double murder of one of the First Lady's assistants and the Chief of Staff-before they become the next victims of a merciless assassin with a secret agenda.

Book Details:
  • Paperback: 304 pages
  • Publisher: Berkley; Original edition (January 3, 2012)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0425245837

My (Quick) Review:
Woah! Coming out of left field this book is (and Yoda I talk like!) This  was a really fun, fast read! It's not predictable in the least! I really loved it! I have to say I was surprised by how well it was written! The mystery is ..well mysterious. I didn't see it coming! The main character is definitely smart and witty! I even loved the secondary characters and the little details! The romance did seem a little forced at times, which is one of the reasons this didn't get a perfect rating. I will definitely read some of the other books in this series!

So I give Affairs of Steak by Julie Hyzy a rating of 4.5 out of 5.

*thanks goes to Dana Kaye of Kaye Publicity for providing me with copies of both books for review*

1 comment:

  1. I simply wished to appreciate you all over again. I am not sure the things I could possibly have tried without those creative ideas provided by you over this subject matter. Completely was a very frightening dilemma for me, however , witnessing the very well-written avenue you managed that forced me to leap for happiness. Extremely thankful for your information and thus hope that you comprehend what an amazing job you're providing educating many people via a site. I'm certain you have never met all of us.
    100LB Scale W/Max Reading Pointer Brass Body HD Handle - Chatillon Scales IN-100MRP, Fishing Accessories

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!