Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Teaser Tuesday


  • Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page.
  • Be careful not to include spoilers!
  • Share the title and author so that other Teaser Tuesday participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like the teaser!
My teaser is from my current read, The Gods of Gotham by Lyndsay Faye. I'm currently reading this as a book club selection and it's AWESOME! Look for the review later today!

"I thought of Eliza Rafferty, meanwhile, and the rats doubtless sharing her bunk, and her initial crime of wanting cream for her infant without denouncing the pope, and felt very tired of a sudden. If the reverend's prayers touched her, I couldn't see how. " pg. 166 (arc copy)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!